1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't put an IP address on evox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by mattman11, Sep 13, 2003.

1. mattman11

mattman11 Guest

I installed a matrix modchip with xecuter 3577 bios. then I installed evox off of slayers 2.1 disc, but it always says No IP! I can't put an ip address on it!

Please help!!

2. jiggler

jiggler Member

you must configure the evox.ini file to your IP address

to access that, you have to ftp into your xbox, find the .ini file, edit the .ini by putting in your IP address, and then finally put it back to your xbox...

if that makes sense to ya... if not, go check out xbox-scene.com and they've got some tutorials there

3. jiggler

jiggler Member

check this out...

Networking xbox to pc using 2 network cards (aka Ethernet cards. NIC’s) (v0.1)
    Tutorial written by : grantdawg aka b legit

According to the forums there are a lot of people having trouble doing this. So i’am going to try to write a nice tutorial to help you people out. This is my first tutorial.

What your gonna need:

1 or 2 network cards ( NIC’s ) ill being referring to them as NIC’s from now on.... you’ll need 2 if you want to be connected to the internet at the same time that your connected to your xbox.

1 crossover cable. very important you have a crossover cable. This is how you know if you have a crossover cable take the 2 male ends of the cable put them side by side. if the colored wire patterns are exactly the same it means you have the WRONG cable. You know if you have the right cable when the wires looked mixed up. or in a different pattern compared to other end. make sure of this. its a very crucial part.

an xbox running evolution x

a copy of flashfxp.

What you need to do next is configure your computers ip address’s.. so go into your computer network connections and go into the properties of the nic that is connected to the internet. check off obtain a IP address automatically.

now for the nic that is connected to the xbox. going into the properties. check off use the following IP.

Next, where it says IP address, enter: 192.168.0.1. Where it says Subnet Mask, enter: 255.255.255.0. , and where it says default gateway enter 192.168.0.1

next while still in the properties of the nic. click on the configure button.. then click on the advanced tab. then click on network media and set it to 10baseT full duplex.

now your computer should all be good to go.

now you want to startup evolution x and go into the system settings a get your IP address. its usually 192.168.0.3 something like that. make note of it.

now you want to fire up flashfxp

Flash FXP:
    1. Download this program
    2. Open it up and click on “Site Manager” then click “new site”
    3. Name the new site whatever you want, (My Xbox, Xbox, etc.)
    4. Go to IP and enter the IP you got from evolution x system setting menu
    5. The port should always be 21
    6. your username and password will both be “xbox”
    7. Hit the “Options” tab and click off passive mode COMPLETELY.
    8. now apply. and the connect

this is all you should have to do get it to work. check the forums for more help.

peace.

4. burger

burger Member

jiggler i need help making a evox dash cd!!! am using the right stuff but the disk cant br read when i reboot!!! check some of my posts!! please let me know if you have some insight

5. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If you mean you used the X2 4977 bios then it might be whats causing your disc not to load. The X2 bios has a No DVD Check feature which skips over the DVD drive at start up and goes straight to the Xbox harddrive. Try reflashing with an Evox bios.
    RustyDog

6. burger

burger Member

not a prob had a brain fart they tray isn't suppose to open when you have evox loaded!!! but i have the system up and running now thanks!!!