1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't read disc error

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Kafluke, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Ever since I installed my viper which works fine according to expected functionality, I have been having some issues with my burned discs. The only games that I have even been playing on there are games that I have backed up myself. I haven't tried playing too many other backups. I'll be playing and all off a sudden the black screen comes up that says that the disc can not be read. Does anybody know why that might be? I was going to perform the laser tweak on the system but the ohms were within range so I didn't need to do it. I have been using the viper backup dol that you burn to a disc and load from the cobra bios (don't remember the name) I have been burning at 4x speed? Is that maybe why?

2. molton

molton Member

I had the same problem and it was all the discs fault, I burnt some full sized memorex dvd+r's and even the games that weren't working at all without giving me a disc error message worked perfectly. I burnt my discs at 2x just to be safe

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005