1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't remove my codecs ;_;

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by gutsman, Aug 13, 2004.

1. gutsman

gutsman Member

Well, I'm having problems using codecs with Media Player 9. I tried installing different codecs, but they don't seem to ber reconised by WMP, or any other program (g-spot says that I havn't got the codecs installed). I read trough the "Having Codec Issues? Look here" sticky which said the first step is to delete all codecs. First I deinstalled my codec pack and the rest of my codecs. Then I tried to do the "add/remove" method, but every time I delete them manually they just reapear if I reopen the window. If I try to config them individually with the "add/remove" method, windows sais that it can't load the codec. My guess is that the codecs are indeed deinstalled, but still listed in de codec window (dunno why though). I also think that's causing conflicts so that they can't function properly/can't be recognised. Anyone have an idea of what I should do next?

Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Codec are probably removed but the Registry entries are probably still there so get a registry cleaner and clean out your Registry....

The only Codec that anyone needs for Watching Movie files is the "FFDshow Decoder" because it can decode every simgle format accept proprietary Formats which you wouldn"t Come across anyways....
    Just make sure that FFDShow is configured to decode every format....

Cheers