1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't remove region code protection.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jdobos, Nov 27, 2007.

1. jdobos

jdobos Guest

Following some of the extremely well written guides, I used DVDFab HD Decrypter 4, DVD Shring, then ImgBurn. The problem is I can't seem to remove the Region Code restriction through DVDFabDecrypter. I selected the region from which the DVD was formatted(Western Europe). Went through all of the steps, but my sony player gives me the same message that I receive when I try to play my orginal DVD, "Playback prohibited by area limitations". The only other thing that comes to mind is that I installed a new dvd writer, and have not set the region code on it. Is that something that needs to be done in order for the software to work correctly?

Thanks,

j

Yes I'm new to this. Can you tell?

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You can make your backup region free with DVD Shrink...I don't have it right in front of me ATM, but it is in DVD Shrink's options. Have a look.

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Sounds like maybe a PAL-NTSC issue.

4. jdobos

jdobos Guest

You are correct, I clicked on the region free setting on DVD Shrink the first time through without going first through DVDFabDecrypter.
    When that didn't work, the second time around I tried running it first, through DVDFabDecrypter with the setting to remove region protection, and then ran it through DVD Shrink to create the ISO file, again choosing the setting to make it region free.

I'm not exactly sure why it is suggested to use both DVDFabDecrypter and DVD Shrink together.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Because the ripper in DVD Shrink is obsolete, thus DVDFab is needed to overcome new protections.

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

That would make it a PAL disc. Where do you live?

7. jdobos

jdobos Guest

In the united states in ohio.

So, does that mean that you need a special player for dvd's originating in Europe?

8. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Yup. Sony's cryptic message has to do with it's unwillingness to play PAL.

9. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

no not necessarily most newer DVD players play BOTH the ntsc or the pal format look at the specs and it will say

10. jdobos

jdobos Guest

You were right on the money. I checked all three players, and all three do not play PAL. Thanks for the knowledge. So, it's good to know that I likely did everything correctly, and that the software works fine. Thanks for the help!

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

most the Phillips DVD players play both formats and they aren't that much