1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't resize dvd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by darrenm38, Jan 21, 2005.

1. darrenm38

darrenm38 Guest

any suggestions ,converted from xvid to dvd.film is 5.3gb had look with shrink thers only the film but the sound is 1.2gb, if get rid of sound fits on dvd-r. [but no sound] it seems to me to be abig sound file ,shrink says its in german but the language is in english.cant cut edit the film its down to its bear minimum.

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

If you can't remove anything, then you may have to Shrink more than once. Shrink to a Hard Drive Folder or a Image File, then open that and Shrink again.

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

What are we actually looking at here? Do you have a VIDEO_TS folder? What are it's contents?

The fact that you have more than 4.7 G should stop shrink from doing its job. That's what it is there for. While that's awfully large for the sound, shrink should still be able to recode things so that it fits on a dvd5. Like I said, that's what shrink is for.

4. darrenm38

darrenm38 Guest

sorry for the long reply time , i was under the impression that shrink works on the theory that you take some thing out of the dvd [sound french, german ,so on. if therse nothing to take out how can you shrink the file down ,im trying veblin's advice , i thought i made my self clear by saying the film is in a dvd ,and there was nothing in the film to take out ,
    thanks for the advice.

5. greg3000

greg3000 Member

Have you tried using DVD Decrypter then using DVD Shrink? When I have a problem with DVD Shrink's file size or any burning issues, I use DVD Decrypter to strip the files then I use DVD Shrink. That method has always worked for me. As a matter of fact I just had a problem with DVD Shrink trying to burn Troy (2.7 hrs. long) and I used DVD Decrypter to rip it to my hard drive. Then I used DVD Shrink to resize it and burn it. Everything came out just fine...