1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant rewrite on my dvd+rw

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jeff52069, May 4, 2004.

1. jeff52069

jeff52069 Member

I cant rewrite on my dvd+rws.I used to be able to burn at least 10 times over dvd+rws.Ie-mailed burner company & they said to reformat dvd,but how all the sudden I cant rewrite over dvds Ive been writing over for months.First how do I format & what program is good.I keep getting (not writable media).

thanks

2. bytechips

bytechips Guest

I beleive if you burn a cdrw as a cdr or dvdrw as a dvdr then it closes the disk and you cannot use as a rewritable again....?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The discs may be shot. Have you tried a new one?

4. jeff52069

jeff52069 Member

How do I burn dvd+rw as a dvd+rw & what program is best to use.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Any of the better burning programs such as Nero or Recordnow Max has a format feature for re-writable discs. If they can't erase or format the disc it is probably shot as Nephilim stated. Most should take more than 10 overwrites, but there are some cheap brands that are going bad much faster. If you use a re-writable as a test disc for a DVD backup, the burning program will usually see the disc as a re-writable and ask if you want to overwrite it.

Jerry

Last edited: May 6, 2004