1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't rip - error message: invalid DVD navigation structure

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by wjs1012, Mar 10, 2007.

1. wjs1012

wjs1012 Guest

Hi. Getting a message "invalid DVD navigation structure". All other dvd's rip great except this one.

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

What programs are you using or have used?

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

That's an error dvd shrink gives on some of the newer encryptions. Here's some of the movies that dvd shrink can't rip by itself:

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48842

What's the name of that disc you are trying to rip?

Try a search for that title or look for some Saw3/grudge2/Employee of the month threads. They'll tell you free ways to get around those problematic encryptions in those threads.

I use anydvd by slysoft. It's a background ripper that helps dvd shrink rip some of those newer encryptions.You can get a free trial for 21 days.

4. wjs1012

wjs1012 Guest

thanks a lot for the info. I am trying to rip "Running with Scissors". I checked out the guide and it is helpful. I don't know why I always rip in ISO mode - probably because I learned that way and why change?? Now I will try ti use File mode. Also, is DVDFab freeware and is the 3.5.4.0 Dvddecrypter freeware?

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yes both DVDFab Decrypter and DVD Decrypter are freeware. A word though. DVD Decrypter,which you may know, has not been developed for some time now and as such can't rip many/if any of the newer films w/ the newer protections by itself. But there is a small program (its a 580kb executable) called RipIt4Me that uses DVD Decrypter as a ripping engine and outputs a better rip than DVDFab Decrypter. When I say a better rip I dont mean quality wise theres a difference (there may be but I dont know and I cant tell), I mean that RipIt4Me goes one step farther and passes all the ripped videos through a program called FixVTS (its integrated into RipIt4Me, so no extra download) and this will remove a lot of the "Invalid DVD Navigation Structure" error(s) you are receiving.

Again both DVD Decrypter and DVDFab Decrypter are freeware. But if you use DVD Decrypter to rip you should as consider using RipIt4Me along with it. Its just 1 click and RipIt4Me takes care of the rest, there is a "Advanced mode" of sorts but I wont get into that now :)