1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't rip from a dvdXcopy plat. back up

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by fcjerk, Aug 16, 2004.

1. fcjerk

fcjerk Guest

ive tried to rip a copy of a backup done with dvdXcopy plat. using dvdXcopy plat. but it wont recognize or read the disk.it plays fine on a dvd player.ive been using GQ generic brand dvd's that i got from fry's, but i got some Verbatim dvd+r 8X and it wont complete the burning process.it says "burning error check log".

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you cant burn a movie you made with xcopy by using xcopy. it puts copy protection on it. just use dvd decyrpter in mode-iso-read, mode-iso-write.

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I copy my Xcopy backups with either nero or alcohol. It works a treat!

4. TimShort

TimShort Member

With DVD-X-Copy use "Any-Dvd" from www.slysoft.com
    and away you go, also does music protected discs.
    Promgram is layerd into your DVD-X copy and works
    without any commands. Great piece of software.

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I too use AnyDvd, it really is a marvellous piece of software, I also use DVD43. You can copy a dvdxcopy disc. You can only copy the movie only though. You use the simple mode, insert disc. For some reason you have to use the browse button to locate the movie. Click on movie, click OK, then the film should be ready to read. It is really quick too, as it only copies the movie, which can account for only 2.5gig, the result is that the read time is very low & the subsequent burn time is also very low. I have no problems with nero & Alcohol copying the copies (if I want the copy to have the extras that is.) I never have any encryption problems. I find my system works reasonably well & have very few failures in either the reading of or the burning of discs. I regularly Adaware, SpyBot, disc clean up, empty cookie folder & de-frag.

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I forgot to say previously that you CAN copy an Xcopied disc with Xcopy in simple mode, sorry for any confusion!

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You can also backup a backup made my XCopy using DVDXRecue. It also helps if you use quality media to start.

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

DvdXrescue is a nice little program, but it can take a little longer than the usual progs.