1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't rip Tarzan and Jane !!!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jomarrod, Sep 21, 2002.

1. jomarrod

jomarrod Member

Hello there every1,
    I understand that Disney is trying to make
    their flicks copy-proof. This is the first time it happened to me. When I rip it, the audio is gone and the video is really bad (kind of like "play and pause" throughout the movie).
    Is there any solution to this?....
    I use smartripper+DVD2Avi+TMPGEnc

Thnak you all

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Try ripping just the movie files instead of using special smartripper or dvd decrypter special features. I would then suggest using BackupDVD (called copy 6.7 in some sites) to record them. BackupDVD plays like a dvd player while recording so it passes the protection.

I you would like to save the trouble of ripping you can open the movie files through the .ifo file straight from the disk.

3. jomarrod

jomarrod Member

Correct me if I am wrong but what you mean is that instead of using Smartripper I should use "BackUp DVD" (never heard of it)?..... Then I should use DVD2Avi and TMPGEnc afterwards?..... Sorry, but I am kinda confused. Is that the easy way? Would you please be more specific about it?

4. Dela

By now I am sure that you know what files on the dvd are your movie right??. Well get BackupDVD. Click file - open. Open your dvd drive and open the folder VIDEO_TS. find the ifo file of your movie, open it and you can encode it straight from the dvd disk to vcd/svcd or divx.

5. Dela

I found where you can get it.
    Go to http://www.download.com. Search BackupDVD and you should get the result Easy DVD Copy Backup 1.0. Thats BackupDVD. I dunno what version it is though