1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't run Farcry

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Madcapper, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Madcapper

Madcapper Member

The other day I purchased the cd version of Farcry. After installing the game I inserted the play disc (disc one) in the drive and tried to run it but I was given a message saying "Please insert correct disc." This happened after trying it with discs 2-5, after a full re-install of the game and after applying the v1.1 patch from UbiSoft. Has this happened to anyone else out there? My copy of the game was purchased at Target, not some street corner in Tijuana.

I'm wondering if my disc drive might be having trouble handling some kind of new copy protection that's being used with this game or something. The drive I'm using is an NEC ND-2500A dvd writer. I tried the second install with my cd-rw and got the same result.

2. Madcapper

Madcapper Member

Nevermind, I fixed the problem. I uninstalled some Safecast components and Alcohol 120, re-ran the game and now it works.
    Anyone know which of the two was causing this problem of the Farcry failed cd check on a legal copy?

3. lost53

lost53 Member

I've had similar problems due to emulation running on my CD burning programs such as Daemon Tools of Alcohol 120%. If you have any of these, try turning the emulation off.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The SafeDisc protection that Far Cry uses looks for emulation or virtual drive apps on your system and might refuse to run the game if it finds any.

5. Madcapper

Madcapper Member

Thanks lost53 for your response last night. I was in the midst of responding to my own post at the exact same time you posted a reply.

I take it then that uninstalling Alcohol wasn't really necessary but I need to make sure the emulation feature is disabled before running a Safedisc protected cd.

Thanks to nephilim also. Responses are much appreciated to those that are willing to help.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's hard to say. Sometimes simply disabling the emulation does the trick, sometimes not :)