1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't run Mafia on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by arsenalforever, Dec 31, 2011.

1. arsenalforever

arsenalforever Regular member

I just installed Windows 7. I have an Intel G33/G31 internal Graphics card with 128 MB memory. I installed Mafia after updating to version 2.1 (which is the latest) but when I started the Game, I got a weird texture on the Main Menu of the game. The "Print screen" button won't work once the game starts. Please tell me what to do? I ran the game in compatability mode with Windows XP SP2...

The game was working fine when I had Windows XP SP 3.

Installed this codec but it doesn't help. Still get weird textures...
    Free-Codecs.com : Download Ligos Indeo Codec 5.11 : Video codecs originally developed by Intel, but later taken over by Ligos

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is the game compatible with win7? does the onboard videocard meet game requirements? did you download the latest video driver from intel site not motherboard site?

3. arsenalforever

I updated it from the Intel website but still getting this problem. The videocard meets the requirements coz it worked fine with Windows XP SP3. The only thing that has changed is the OS.

I googled around and found that the game IS compatible with Windows 7.

What should I do guys !!

4. arsenalforever

Tried disabling Aero. Doesn't work. All that has changed is the OS from Windows XP to Windows 7. Game version is latest, graphics drivers are latest.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you ran xp sp3 on that same board\video & game still worked ok? did you check to see if onboard video with win7 was compatible with the game? did you check game site for patches & updates for win7 play?

6. arsenalforever

Yes. I ran XP SP 3 earlier and the game worked perfectly. The ONLY upgrade is from XP to Windows 7. I had a 128 MB onboard graphics card and now whenever I run dxdiag, it shows that my onboard graphics card memory is 256 MB. Is this normal? What should I do now?

7. arsenalforever

Installed Directx 8.1 which came along with the Mafia Game and did a fresh install but still not working. Please help me!!!