1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant see the rest of the dvd

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by JorSX3, Apr 11, 2005.

1. JorSX3

JorSX3 Guest

Hey everybody! i have the following problem
    I been trying to make a dvd with several video files.
    Simplier im trying to make a dvd with several episodes of my daugther favorite manga.
    I been transforming several avi files to vob, ifo and bup files with VSO divx to Dvd and carefully renaming em and burning em with NERO.
    I rename em just in this order And they appear like this when i add them to the Video_TS folder of Nero Express Dvd video files option
    Video_ts.bup 6kbs Vts_04_0.bup <<<this are from converted episode 3
    Video_ts.ifo 6kbs Vts_04_0.ifo
    Vts_01_0.bup 22kbs Vts_05_0.bup
    Vts_01_0.ifo 22kbs Vts_05_0.ifo
    Vts_01_1.vob 555Mb Vts_05_1.vob
    ^^^^âll those 5 files are what i recieve from converting episode 1

Vts_02_0.bup 6kbs
    Vts_02_0.ifo 6kbs
    Vts_03_0.bup 22kbs
    Vts_03_0.ifo 22kbs<<<<<<This are from ^converted episode 2
    Vts_03_1.vob 612Mb

Vts_04_0.bup 6kbs<<<this are from converted episode 3
    Vts_04_0.ifo 6kbs
    Vts_05_0.bup 22kbs
    Vts_05_0.ifo 22kbs
    Vts_05_1.vob 574MBs
    And so son with another 4 files when i press the Burn button the Video Compilation on nero starts and i recive an error that says VTS_02_0.ifo is not needed so now i tried and excluded it making this following compilation in which VT_02_0.ifo is missing
    Video_ts.bup 6kbs
    Video_ts.ifo 6kbs
    Vts_01_0.bup 22kbs
    Vts_01_0.ifo 22kbs<<<episode 1
    Vts_01_1.vob 555Mb

Vts_02_0.bup 6kbs
    Vts_03_0.bup 22kbs<<episode 2 without VTS_02_0.ifo
    Vts_03_0.ifo 22kbs
    Vts_03_1.vob 612Mb
    and now i recieve an error from nero when i start burning that says VTS_02_0.ifo is missing WTF?? Now then i again added VTS_02_0.ifo to the compilation and decide to burn recieving this warnings

11:40:52 PM #1 Phase 112 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1845
    DVD-Video files reallocation started

11:40:52 PM #2 DVDREALLOC -23 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1177
    [bold]Video title set containing 'VTS_02_0.IFO' is not required[/bold]

11:40:52 PM #3 Phase 115 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1845
    [bold]DVD-Video files reallocation failed[/bold]

11:40:55 PM #4 Phase 132 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1845
    [bold]DVD-Video files compliance ignored[/bold]

11:40:55 PM #5 Text 0 File Isodoc.cpp, Line 6065
    [bold]Iso document burn settings[/bold]

It burns and eveyrthing is alright [bold]It burns succesfully with warnings[/bold] it says and when i insert it to my dvd player i can only see the first episode of what i just burned from the 6 vob, ifo and dup compilation what am i doing wrong any help will be greatly appreciated What am i doing wrong do i need to merge all this files again any help will be greatly appreciated

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can"t Just Rename the Vob files and Throw them all in the same Folder and Burn them and expect them to Play on your DVD Player...The IFO and BUP files hold Essential Information on the Time Code and Chapters that Must properly corespond with the VOB Files or it won"t work....

The Proper way to Put Multiple Episodes or Multiple Movies on a Single DVD will entail you doing everything Totally Differently...

What you should Do is First encode each Episode/Movie Into it"s Own DVD Compliant Mpeg-2 file useing a Good Standalone Mpeg encoder Like Tmpgenc or the MainConcept encoder or Canopus Procoder Express and Not "VSO DivXToDVD" because it only Outputs to a Video_TS Folder....

So encode each file into a DVD Compliant Mpeg-2 File ,Then you will need a DVD authoring Program Like DVDLab and you will have to Make a Main Menu with each episode Listed and then you Link the episodes Names from the Menu to the Episode it"s self, so when you Select what episode you want to watch from the Menu the Episode Plays....

It is actually pretty Easy once you understand the File Structure of a DVD and learn how to properly Build a DVD so it works the way you want....

If you need specific help in this area you Can PM me and I"ll try to explain to you How to encode your AVI files to Mpeg-2/DVD and how to add these Files to a DVD with a Menu so you can select which episode you want to watch.....

Cheers