1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't seem to backup Running with Scissors... Anyone? Anyone?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rpeary, Feb 6, 2007.

1. rpeary

rpeary Member

Was wondering if anyone else was experiencing difficulties with this disc? I've been using RipIt4Me w/Shrink for long time with almost 100% success so never had to post on here B4. Can't figure this one out though, it's the first one I've seen that makes RipIt4Me crash when launched. It IS a Sony disc that DID freaking self launch when inserted ( which I NEVER let happen through XP's optical drive controls ).

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Is your ripit up to date? They are in a beta right now. 6.1.7.4. If so have you tried movie only? This seems to work sometimes. I am shocked to hear this is not working though.

Some people have good luck with DVDFabDecrypterFree. You can check that out at http://www.dvdidle.com At the end of the homepage is a link Free Stuff. Click on it to get the latest free version. This has recently updated as well.

As to the autoplay...spooky...it overran your windows settings??? Do I understand you correctly? This is one of the tougher DVD's to backup.

EDIT: Also if you are using the latest beta of ripit and it is not working try rolling back to the previous stable version.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  3. rpeary

rpeary Member

Thanks Kitty... I have no idea where my brain was earlier ;) I just needed to update RipIt to latest 1.6.7.0 and FixVTS as well to 1.6.0.3. I've done this countless times in the past so don't know why this time would be any diff...

I can't brain today I have the dumb

4. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I am glad to hear that this worked out and it was not a snarky software conflict thing. And...I think Ripit will remove the autostart and prohibited button pushing If I remember correctly even with the Sony/Lionsgate crap fests.

Don't worry about brain farts we all have them.