1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant seem to burn disc's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clemo, Apr 4, 2007.

1. clemo

clemo Member

hi all

i have recently replaced a friends cdr writer with a dvd writer i have a dvd rom drive also , what i am basically tryinf to do is play the movie in the dvd rom drive and burn in the dvd writer but the problem starts when i open nero burning rom or nero itself the dvd drive is not listed it just says something on the line of " image recorder and virtual drive " we have dvd shrink and also use clonedvd2 and fad dvd decrypter but they dont seem to be finding the dvd writer does anyone have any idea's what the problem is and what i can do to fit it?

any help would be appreciate it

thanks shaun

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi clemo
    When you open my computer do you see the new burner there?

Check your connection - the jumper pin on the drive should match the setting on the ide cable - like on the master connection set the jumper pin to master.
    Make sure all connections like the power and ide are secure and seated tight in motherboard and burner.

Still a no go than uninstall the ide channel in device manager.
    Right click on my computer>properties>hardware tab>device manager.
    Right click on the ide channel the drive is on and click uninstall.
    Reboot and let windows do it's thing ans reinstall.

You can also try uninstalling the drive itself in device manager. Same deal as above but right click on the drive listed under DVD/CD-Rom drives.

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I hope your not trying to burn on the fly. You can use the dvd rom to read the disc and it should store the movie on your hard drive, to burn from a temp. folder and you can have your burner set up to burn from there. If your drives are there. Like Binkie said you must see them listed in device manager or you have a problem with jumper settings or cables. I hope that helps and I hope I did not step on your toes Binkie

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@rbrock
    god no - you're not stepping on my toes at all.
    Other insight is always good imho plus you posted useful info.