1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant seems to Copy a DVD =(

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MrBubbles, Apr 16, 2004.

1. MrBubbles

MrBubbles Member

Well I've been trying for the last week now to learn how to burn any DVD.

I have the following programs...

-AnyDVD
    -Nero 6
    -DVD Decrypter
    -DVD Shrink 3.1

I have burnt some DVD's but I havn't got it donw to a science yet...

When I use DVD Shrink and the file is extremely large and can start compressing the DVD by taking out diff. sounds/file not needed. I also can edit the begining/end of the DVD to shorten it. Some DVD's are so large that my compression is still at 86% and when I try to burn it fails..

I also can't figure out AnyDVD so if you have any input on that I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Mrbubbles, When using Shrink, is it showing you that 86% with auto shrink selected. If so your actual compression is 14%. If you watch that figure as you remove items, the % gets bigger. The higher the % the better the quality. Also go to the settings in shrink and select auto burn with Nero. It takes all the guess work out of the process. Shrink will decrypt and compress to your HD, then Nero will auto start and burn back to your blank dvd. Anydvd is a decrypter that runs in the background with other programs. It decrypts and makes dvd movies seem region free. It works great with Clonedvd, will work with Nero Recode and lets people with more powerful computers backup dvds on the fly.
    Hope this helps.

Jerry

3. MrBubbles

MrBubbles Member

Thanks... I'm in the process of trying to burn another DVD.

4. MrBubbles

MrBubbles Member

!!!

Just burnt a DVD that I havn't been able to and it worked! I think I just might have figured it out now... Unfortantly that was my last DVDR =(

BRB getting more..

TY

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Pete, Negative on the last question. I've been working 10-12 hr days lately. Trying to train some new Assistant Managers to help take over when I'm off. I sometimes think 10 year olds would work better. As soon as things get back to normal I'll let you know.

Jerry