1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't select YUY2 with Nebula DigiTV device (in VirtualDub)

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by RickH, Aug 17, 2004.

1. RickH

RickH Member

I am having trouble selecting my preferred "Data Format" from the "Set custom format" menu item in VirtualDub (of which this particular option is not available within any other program like AVI_IO, iuVCR etc). When I used to run the older Pixelview TV Tuner card, I could select something like the preferred YUY2 when choosing the "Frame size" (resolution) for capturing analog video on the composite/SVideo connectors. Now that I'm on the Nebula DigiTV device, I can only select the (apparently) wasteful RGB24 setting - all of the other options are right there for me to choose from, but everything except RGB24 is coming up with the dreaded "Error 418: Unsupported video Format" error. It doesn't matter which codec I want to use either (be it HuffYUV, MJPEG or even Uncompressed RGB), so it's definitely not related to the type of compression being used (or is it?).

Now, unless I have to activate some trivial setting within Windows or even modify something in the Registry to make YUY2 (and every other "Data format" option) available for selection, then I have no idea what I am doing right or wrong. Can someone please help me try to get this working? Thanks heaps. WG.

Note:- I bought the Nebula DigiTV product for the double benefit of receiving DVB-T signals (SD & HD) as well as having the analog video capture facility. I am running an Athlon64 2800+ alongside a Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro with plenty of RAM and HD.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I have this exact same Problem in V-Dub with My PixelView X Capture card...All of the Formats are available but when I try to capture with them I get an "Unsupported format" error....

I now either use Virtual_VCR or the Capture Module that is Built into the MainConcept encoder...
    Virtual_VCR will give you the Option of what colorspace to capture in, It will display all of the Colorspaces Supported by your Card were V-Dub just displays all of the Colorspace no matter if your Card supports it or not.....

Cheers