1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant set up dmz mode ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by espada1, Jul 14, 2011.

1. espada1

espada1 Member

im tryna get my ps3 into dmz mode cause joining games take to long but everytime i enable it i get an error message in psn and get signed out. i set up a static ip and everything when dmz is off it works fine but as soon as i set it on i get disconnected -_-

im really getting frustrated i use to do this before for metal gear solid 4 but idk wtf happened

my router is actiontec gt704wgb if anyone can help id really appreciate it

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

If it is anything like my verizon router, the problem is in the firmware...and they NEVER update the firmware. To make my games work, I had to completely disable all security for the entire unit and I also had to turn of WiFi (because I wasn't going to have unsecured WiFi). This was easy enough once I got in, but it wasn't easy getting in as the web configuration page was broken so that it would not accept a password unless I copy-pasted it from a text file. Then I plugged my WRT54G into it and used that for the hardware firewall and WiFi. The system isn't even in a DMZ...but since the WRT54G has a good firmware on it, a DMZ is not needed.

Verizon should take a page from the book of Linksys: let other people make firmwares for you, and those firmwares will make your product a success. Less work and more money just for being open...nah, Verizon would never go for a concept like that...better to pay some junkie to throw together a broken router firmware that never works and never gets updates, that way you don't have to worry about people telling their friends to sign up.