1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't slow down dvd decrypter speed!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Sawdust11, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Sawdust11

Sawdust11 Member

Hi all, In dvd decrypter under tools,setting,device, I set my speed at 2 time and when I back up my orginal game the speed climbs when its reading, it goes up from 2 then 8 and sometimes 10 and I don't know how to slow it down.I have a new sony dvd player. The only thing I did notice is if I put my orginal game in my dvd burner rom (i/o magic) and decrypt my game the speed slows to about 2. I know just put it in my burner to rip game but I'd rather not do that to save wear and tear on my burner, thats why I bought the sony dvd rom.Any ideas anyone. All input would be appreciated.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

So it's reading faster than you wanted or writing faster than you wanted? I'm going to assume you meant reading. I always set the read speed at 1x but it always says in the log that actual read speed will be 4x or 8x or even 5x sometimes. I think it's something to do with the drive or maybe even the disc (kinda like some burners not supporting 1x write speeds and some media not supporting 1x write speeds). I don't really think it'll wear on your drive that much. They're meant for that sort of thing. You wouldn't drive your car 10 mph everywhere you went to try to make last longer would you?

3. Sawdust11

Sawdust11 Member

HAHAAHAHA GOOD analogy, u wouldn't drive a corvette in a snow storm either...heehee..j/k, well it looks like I'll just use my burner for ripping then. Is there something I could do under device manager? There has to be a way to slow it down. If not wear and tear I will go..heehee.Thanks squizzle for a response.

4. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

you can't. it's your burner

5. Sawdust11

Sawdust11 Member

Well that blows, I get a good dvd rom and I can't pick the speed I want. Whats the world comming to...lol

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Well, reading a disc at 1x isn't exactly a strong selling point.

7. keras

keras Regular member

I ran into the same issue when burning with decrypter. Check your media and make sure it allows 1x burning, also check your firmware on your burner (do this at your own risk). I ended up using Roxio instead for burning, still use decrypter for ripping tho.

8. smooth_1

smooth_1 Member

I also have a sony drive and someone told me to change my IDE bus to PIO only mode instead of DMA and it worked for me. Apparently it is common with sony drives.