1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant solve this problem in dvd shrink helppppppppppppp plzzzzz

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by soma007, Dec 16, 2004.

1. soma007

soma007 Member

dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue failed to open file "e:\movie\VTS_01_1.VOB" the system can not find the file specified

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

Are you using Shrink alone, or are you using DVDDecrypter to back up the file to your hard drive?If you are using Decrypter in the ISO mode you will get that error when you click the open files button.Try clicking FILE > Open Disc Image,if it is an ISO file it will show up.If you are using Shrink by itself you might want to try using Decrypter first.Check out this guide
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2004
  3. soma007

soma007 Member

yes i do use decrypter,after i did the iso thing i get this message in shrink
    dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue failed to seek in file "iso file"

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

Try using Decrypter in th FILE mode insteasd of ISO mode and see if that will work.

5. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

it will work..that is what happened to me....i had "iso" ticked in decrypter...not "file"..had the asme prob...it is fixed now......tick.."file"

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It would have worked the way you had. Instead of hitting open file in Shrink you should go to "File" and then "Open Disk Image" just thought you might want to know that so you don't have to re-rip your DVD's again. :)

7. soma007

soma007 Member

thanks i did all the iso thing and also look at the setings that u have to make when u do iso file but it didnt work should i do it in defelt,can u tell me what should i do

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Use Decrypter and select "Mode" "File F" rip all the files to your HD and then try reading it with Shrink using the "open file" button.