1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Split MPGs in TMPEnc. Help?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by A_Klingon, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

I can't for the life of me split a full movie mpeg-1 file in TMPGEnc, into two pieces so that I can fit it on 2 cds. I always have to rip half the movie's VOBs at a time and burn them separately.

I find that if the mpeg has no audio, it splits just *fine*. But if it has the .mp2 audio multiplexed into it (for vcd), TMPGEnc freezes. (As does WMPlayer).

If I *touch* the slider bar TMP freezes. If I use the forward or reverse buttons, ( <<, >> )TMP freezes. If I try to type in the start and/or end points in seconds, TMP freezes. If I use the up&down arrows to specify the seconds, TMP freezes. If I sneeze or wear the wrong colour socks, TMP freezes.

The only thing I can do is play the file, *as long as* I don't touch the slider-bar.

Oh yeah, I forget to mention.... I *can* wait almost an hour for the movie to play UP to the halfway point, *then* QUICKLY hit the { (start) or } (end) points, then Save. But what a horrible way to have to split a movie. If I miss my preferred break-point, I have to start the playback all over again, and wait another hour for my "chance".

This is sheer madness, even though it works.

I visited the TMPGEnc's website and read about the same problem in their forum, but none of the suggested fixes seems to work for me. VCDHelp has a few pointers, but again, TMP just keeps on freezing.

Any ideas? Thanx.

- KlingonAgent --

Last edited: Dec 29, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.