1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't squeeze 750mb onto my CD-R. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by MrNightly, Nov 2, 2004.

1. MrNightly

MrNightly Member

Ok. Here's the deal. I have 4 folders i want to back up onto 4 cd's. The problem i'm having is that when i try to use Nero to burn them, It says the files are too big. My CD-R's hold 700mb each, which is normal correct? 3 of the 4 disks are at 750mbs. How do i burn these onto a CD, if they are too big? Am I missing something? I searched the database, but couldn't find the answer i was looking for, so forgive me if this has been answered already.

Already appreciate the help,

The Knight

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Are you talking about 1 file being 750 mb's?. If not, then split up what you put on each cd so its 700 mb on each cd and burn 5 cd's. Otherwise burn to DvD or find some other means.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you are just archiving info them you could try compressing the files with somthing like winzip/winrar before burning or you could consider getting some 800mb cdr discs

4. malina34

malina34 Guest

I have a similar problem. My kids play Sims2 on separate PCs but only one can play at a time since one needs CD1 to run the program, they argue over whose turn it is to play all the time so i have decided to back-up the 4cds 1/to save it from damage linked to those impossible arguments and 2/To give them a chance to play it separatly on their PCs.
    I now have 4 Cd images ready to burn BUT 3 of those are over 749 Mb and I can't find any 750+ Mb CD's in the local shops!
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks in advance if you do!
    Malina

5. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

6. malina34

malina34 Guest

Will the lauch program on CD1 run if i "overburn"? or it is coded/compressed in some way?

7. Kingd

Kingd Guest

malina34: If you created the cd images as Iso's or bin/cue's, then you should have no problem burning onto 700mb cd's. What happens is that the way cd images are created, it actually can hold more data on a cd then 700mb. I don't know the details but I see it all the time on game cd's that were ripped to bin/cue. Make sure you choose burn image file to burn them to disk or they won't burn properly. Also, it's likely the Sim's game has some kind of copy protection so you would likely need to use daemon tools to mount the image of cd 1 or 2 or use alcohol or blindwrite to try to get a 1 to 1 copy. Check out cdfreaks forum for more on cd copy protections.