1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't stop director's commentary from running

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by esulick, Feb 8, 2005.

1. esulick

esulick Member

I made a copy of a movie using AnyDVD & 1Click DVD Copy. All appeared to be fine until the movie is played. Initially it starts out great than suddenly the director's commentary begins. Any attempt to turn it off is nil. Sometimes it stops for a few minutes but then it starts right up again. The movie plays just fine but the director's commentary continually runs. And no, it's not as though I turned that function on through special features. That never happened. So, I figured bad copy & tried doing another run but this time used AnyDVD with CloneDVD2......same result. If it makes any difference, the movie copied is the remake of "Planet Of The Apes".

2. glklein

glklein Member

Same thing happened to me. The problem seems to be a setting in ANYDVD, on the DVD tab. If you have checked the "Remove annoying adverts and trailers," that causes the director's comments to run. Uncheck that box and the problem goes away.

3. esulick

esulick Member

How weird is that??? What a unique form of encryption - just kidding - imagine for a moment, delete the adverts but get the director's commentary instead. Not in my wildest dreams would I have thought to uncheck the area you noted. I would hope someone from AnyDVD is cruising this forum, sees this weird problem & gives us an explanation. Thanks so much! I'll give your suggestion a try. Can't hurt, since I've already accumulated 4 DVD coasters doing it over & over again.