1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant turn off psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pre2k, May 23, 2007.

1. pre2k

pre2k Guest

hi im new to all this stuff so plz help
    i just got a psp n its v2.71 got the DownGrade http://homepage.eircom.net/~pspcalo/2.71downgrader.html)
    did all the instructions n now the psp stays on with a black screen try take the battery out 4 30min n still black screen
    so do i have to go get a new psp now!!!!!!!!

2. PYF

PYF Member

Dam...unlucky my friend..ur psp might have been bricked. If it is bricked u need to get a new psp basically.

3. pre2k

pre2k Guest

thnx :(

4. armykid22

armykid22 Member

Does the psp remain on the whole time, or does it shut off after 10-20 seconds. If it does shut off, it is a brick, otherwise, if it remains on, then Im pretty sure it is not a brick, because when i downgrading, the same thing happened to me. For me, the screen was just turned off, and was not a psp brick, so try and turn on your screen again.

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Try pressing the screen brightness button. It's a rectangular symbol located on the bottom of the psp, next to start and home and stuff.

6. pre2k

pre2k Guest

thnx 4 all the help i just got a new psp n is all good :)

7. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

couldnt u just get a mod chip and then after sell it again thats easy

8. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

yeh scotts right (even though we dont always agree) mod chips cheaper than getting a new psp but since ya got one stick with it or even consider getting a modchip so ya can save it if ur unlucky twice

9. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

yeh hope we can get on now lol yeh mod chip is better than buying a new one just fit it on then de-solder it and sell it on i could do with one with all the flashin i do but who cares im to good to brick

10. pre2k

pre2k Guest

no i didt pay 4 a new 1 just took it back to bestbuy n got a warrany

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2007
  11. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest