1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant uninstall PEOPLE PC

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by orngcrsh, Jan 18, 2007.

1. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

Maybe this should go in 'virus and spyware' forums but i'm not sure.
    anyway, i'm trying to uninstall people pc from my computer but every time i try, it just freezes up my computer. it freezes just after i confirm that i want to uninstall the program.. does anyone know a way around this? maybe doing it in safe mode?

2. kateman

kateman Regular member

yeah safe mode, and maybe try ccleaner to uninstall it.

3. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

thanks for the info!
    i tried it in safe mode and it still freezes when i go to uninstall it. i also tried ccleaner and easy cleaner to do it but same thing... it 'stops responding'
    is there anything else i can try?

thanks!!

4. bkf

bkf Guest

I read 38 pages about your problem. I came up with 3 commen things.
    1 - most people don't like it 2 - it takes over your system 3 - its hard to delete. We would have to work in the registry to rid it and would be dangerious. I would use a simple free program like registar lite and do a search with that file name and then just mass blast away the entries. The reason you are having problems is that the program has active processes going on. Processes you would have to kill first.

Edit: my spelling still needs work

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2007
  5. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

yeah, we got it cause where we live, there is nothing (other than satelite) faster than 56kb/s and it was 10 bucks cheaper than msn which is what we had...
    i've gotn to ms config and its not in the startup folder anymore, although im sure it still has crap running.
    so you would recommend using registar lite to take out the registry entries?

6. bkf

bkf Guest

I would rather you get something else up and running before we kill what you can use now. What sort of problems is people pc giving you?
    I guess I should have asked are you now using something else?. If so then a mass blast should kill it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007
  7. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

actually, i'm at school and we have ethernet here so connection is no big deal. I had actually figured out how to set up the connection through windows so it doesnt use people pc software to connect anyway cause i couldn't use anything else when i had people pc running.
    i think i got it all off using a search and delete anything people pc. i cant find anything on it but things seem to be working better now. is there any way to check it i got everything?

8. bkf

bkf Guest

A search of the system should have found any important people pc files. Only other place there will be some traces is in the registry. At you leasure do a regedit and blow awy the people pc entries. Look for the ones in the software and startup areas and don't sweat the mui cache and those other none important entries. Just take your time and look at where regedit found it. Not every entry has to go.

9. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

sweet man, thanks a lot. really appreciate it!!