1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't update or erase using flash

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chibhawk, May 23, 2007.

1. chibhawk

chibhawk Member

Hi,

I have a DMS4 pro and am running into trouble.
    If I try updating the bios to toxic os 0.41 it reaches 66% and then restarts another attempt endlessly.
    After giving up and having to reset the system, the chip obviously doesn't boot properly (solid red screen). I got swap magic to now load any .elf file and any further attempt to re-upgrade the bios has the same situation.
    If I try erasing the latest flash (L1+L2+R1+R2) it does the same failing loop but only reaches 7% before having another attempt.
    Any help or advice on this would be great!

Thanks,
    Dan

2. steimy

steimy Active member

1. are you burning the ToxicOS files correctly?
    2. Are you using a quality DVD
    3. Did the chip function correctly before you tried the update.
    4. Have you tried flashing back to a version like 0.40 to see if a previous version would flash
    5. Did you get the file from the official Team Toxic website
    http://www.teamtoxic.com.cn/

3. chibhawk

chibhawk Member

figured it out:
    one of the screws that attaches the metal plate to the bottom of the board was too tight (in the set of four not attaching the cd cradle, to one closest to the usbs).
    i got swap magic to be able to load a .elf file but it still had the error. then i at least was able to reach erase the flash screen, but it fail on that even! after that i could load games but still not get into the config menu, it'd just stay on a black screen.
    then i took off the metal faceplate on the bottom. BOOM worked fine. got into the config again since a long long time ago.
    put the faceplate back on, no config. tried out each screw and found the culprit. fully screwed in: wouldn't work, half in: works great.
    so much frustration over NOTHING big. but i'm happy now.
    thanks for the help at any rate.
    dan