1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant update to nero 7.9.6.0

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jsteel, May 23, 2007.

1. jsteel

jsteel Guest

never happened before nero productsetup connection problem.and when i download directly from nero,windows says problem with file,invalid signature or something.i am using version 7.5.0.2.can anyone tell me why i cant update to 7.9.6.0.

2. david66

david66 Regular member

contact nero support and explane the problem

3. jsteel

jsteel Guest

have contacted nero,waiting for reply.when i tryed to install it says my system has not been modified,whatever that means i,m no pro.since nero went vista certified i,ve had nothing but problems lucky i have my retail cd that works fine apart from nerovision sometimes wont start and i have to reboot and try again.i run xp service pk2 pentium 4 etc.

4. ebega

ebega Regular member

5. Imcoady

Imcoady Guest

I am using version 7.8.5.0 and have had similiar issues. It can find the updates but when I try to download them I get a "Download Connection Problem" message. If I go to the Nero site and download the update myself (Nero-7.9.6.0_eng_update.exe)and try to run it it can't find nero.msi and stops. I have done a search of the PC and found 2 instances of 'nero.msi' but the update program doesn't like either of them. I tried running my original install program from the CD I saved it to but it is an older version 7 and wanted me to uninstall the current one first. I did and it took the drivers with it; my PC no longer recognized the optical drives. So, I did a system restore and now I'm waiting for a reply to the email I sent Nero.