1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant use BrickBlocker on unscrambled games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by zalle, Dec 23, 2007.

1. zalle

zalle Member

Hey, I followed this fast tutorial on how to change .wii games to .iso. And now when im trying to use the "read info" option in BrickBlocker it says that the iso isnt a valid wii disc.

two other things regarding BrickBlocker:
    1)One of the iso get the country code: X (unknown) should I risk booting it on the wii?

2)if I get country code PAL and got a PAL wii I wont need to "patch block" it right? or is it safer to use the BrickBlocker even though I got a pal game? I heard you could convert a NTSC games to PAL so isnt it possibly that the PAL game actually is a NTSC game? :)

Marry Christmas to you all

2. yikhai

yikhai Member

I tried that tutorial when I first obtained a .wii file and found that unscrambler didn't work for me. After unscrambling the .wii to a .iso, the file wasn't the right size for a DVD-R. I tried again, this time using Rawdump 2.0 and when I fed it through WiiBrickBlocker, all the file info was present.

I haven't had any problems with any games which WiiBrickBlocker has said to be PAL so far so if you want to be safe, brickblock it or keep your Wii firmaware up to date.

3. zalle

zalle Member

Thanks, I used rawdump 2.0 instead and it works much better.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007