1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't use WinHiip in Windows 7

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jeff234, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Jeff234

Jeff234 Member

So my WinXP desktop died a few weeks ago and I had to get a new Win7 laptop. Today, for the first time, I attempted to attach my Maxtor hdd to my laptop using the same method I used with my old WinXP desktop (USB to IDE cable and a power cord). Nothing happens.

Neither Winhiip nor Explorer register that there is a hard drive attached. Sometimes it makes the little "ding" noise when I plug/unplug, and sometimes it doesn't.

The little icons in the corner have reported that the driver was installed successfully. Sometimes is admits that there is a "USB Mass Storage Device" attached.

But Winhiip tells me there is "no PS2 hard drive."

So I took my copy of Winhiip and my hdd over to my mom's ancient and very slow WinXP laptop. BAM! It worked on the first try.

I've checked the hdd with my PS2. It still plays all the installed games fine.

So I know its not the hdd or the cables. It must be a problem with Win7. But I've been searching all day and I can't find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated! I've done a lot of searching.

I would have titled this post " Winhiip won't read my PS2 HDD! Help!" but that was already taken here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/450802

and that thread doesn't answer my problem.

This thread looked good, but no one answered it either:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-50/winhiip_will_not_recognize_any_drives-835894/

Also, I've noticed the old websites I used to go to for answers are defunct. (console-exploits.com, ExploitStation.com, etc.)

2. Stumped75

Stumped75 Member

right click on WinHiip (after installation) click Properties-compatibility and click on "change for all users" check "Run as Admin"

That fixed it for me.

3. Jeff234

Jeff234 Member

Awsome! Thanks for writing.

4. Stumped75

Stumped75 Member

No problem