1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't view burned avi files converted to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rondab, Jun 18, 2004.

1. rondab

rondab Member

I have tried using DVD Santa and also Cucusoft AVI to VCD DVD software and I am unable to view the DVD on my TV but I am able to watch them on my PC. My dvd player plays my DVD +R's when I have my copies of DVD's. Any help would be appreciated as I have done a lot of reading but haven't gotten anywhere yet....

2. melix04

melix04 Member

I am alos using DVD Santa and am having the same problem i can play the dvd on my pc but not on my stand alone dvd player. Does anyone know how to fix our problem

3. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

You should try using TMPGEnc to encode than use TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 to author your dvd's. Than use Nero to burn your vop and bup files onto DVD. That is probably the only guaranteed way to get your DVD's to work on DVD. Below is a link to a guide which shows you how to use TMPGEnc.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd_page_4.cfm

Hope that helps :)!

Regards,
    DiRect

4. jobayus

jobayus Member

Hi Guys I am also using dvdsanta and I have the same result.Ok on PC but can't view on stand alone dvd player.Did you manage to find what the problem is,if so can you please post it.Does anyone have an answer to this problem.Thanks.

5. melix04

melix04 Member

hey i have just solved the problem well for me anyway :) what i did was after the files have been converted with dvdsanta i didnt use the program to then burn the VIDEO_TS folder, i used another dvd burning software (mine was CloneDVD) and the dvdr is able to play on my stand alone dvd player. I hope this works for u!!
    Goodluck

6. rondab

rondab Member

I tried using Clonedvd to burn dvd after using DVD Santa but didn't have the same success. On one stand alone dvd player I didn't get any sound and on another one the sound was broken up and the picture would go black when the sound would break up. What type of dvdr are you playing them on? I am using a Pioneer
    DV-626D.....

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  7. melix04

melix04 Member

mine is Rowa i got it a while ago i dont know much about the dvd player.
    Maybe try using different dvdr's and see if that helps

8. a_bains

a_bains Member

YO PEOPLE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS WELL I WOULD REALLY appreciate a solution thanks soo much out of all the peeps experiments can someone please help us out on this problem. when we encode movies with dvdsanta and burn them, they dont work on our stand-alone dvd players, but they work on our computer dvd players! PLEASE HELP! SOLUTION PLEASE!

9. melix04

melix04 Member

did you try not using dvdsanta to burn the files and just using a program such as CloneDVD that worked for me ??

10. topper

topper Member

yep same problem for me with dvdsanta so i tried just about every other converter out there the best by far for speed and quality and ease of use was winavi.
    get the 5.7 version this has the earlier bugs weeded out and you'll be amazed

11. melix04

melix04 Member

thanks ill give it a go just to see if there is a picture quality difference or anything like that!!