1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't we all just get along.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by spill86, Nov 30, 2004.

1. spill86

spill86 Guest

Why, i ask all gamers, do we have such a fierce hate for members of the "other team." Xbox vs. PS2, a battle that has been raging for a few years. It has caused brotherhoods to break, families to split, and married couples to divorce. The ultimate question, of course, is which is better? We have all defended and argued for our system. The thing that hurts me the most is that the die-hard gamers, such as myself, cannot battle in both the Halo series and the GTA series. They are both incredible games, argueably the best games ever. I myself am a Xbox, soldier if you will, and i have played GTA: San Andreas, and sorry to let all of my Halo partners out there, it is incredible. I only get to engage in the violent, drug dealing, drive-bying, prostitution filled game every once in a while. I cry thinking of the children who dont get to join in on the healthy, educational fun. Halo 2 is incredible, multiplayer is amazing, the best. Those PS2 members do not even know what a Scorpion, the Covenant, and what "Halo" even is. It saddens me deeply. So, all I am trying to get out is, that i cannot have San Andreas without buying a PS2, and that pisses me off. I know a lot of PS2ers that wish Halo was on PS2. Until then, we will have to buy the other system, just like they want us to. Remember, the only difference between Xbox and PS2 is really the controllers. We are all, no matter what system, nasty, vicious, and obsessed gamers. So, can't we all just get along.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You can't be serious.

3. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

ok....
    right....

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

There is always going to be fanboys or fanatics of either system. I just ignore such posts. When I got my Atari 800 back in 1983 I heard the same things coming from the Commodore 64 people, then Amiga vs Atari ST four years later. Both systems have their pros and cons, it just boils down to what YOU like to play. As cheap as they are these days just get both. Personally I could care less about Halo since I am not a FPS fan, especially with console controllers. I lean towards the PS2 or Gamecube myself since I am into platformers - Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Mario and find the Xbox severely lacking in decent games of that genre.
    Besides, I can't tear myself away from World of Warcraft long enough to play anything else for the forseeable future anyway :c)

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Haha, I love it! Though I'm that way with just about any FPS :p