1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

capture device

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rtrg, Dec 31, 2017.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

how do i use a usb capture device to feed a signal to the hhd for recording? or is the saving to one of the start menu folders accomplish the same thing. VLC nor POT PLAYER allow the capture device to be selected as an INPUT as a TV with multiple inputs can be.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what connector(s) are coming from the tv to the usb device?

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

answered this a few days ago. The hauppauge 610 seems to be the simplest device for me. new question though. my tv has composite a/v inputs but only composite audio outputs plus a nearby usb port. Is there an adapter that is usb powered that provides a composite video output? That gives me the ability to use the set top box or tv as the source. the 610 includes software that allows the captured a/v to hdd or vlc, i think. hdd will suffice. what would such a connection/adapter be called. woyuld a simple cable usb to composite work as well. no software but no drivers either. once it appears on the desktop it should appear in one or more other apps or folders.