1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture from VCR

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by poleary, Jan 22, 2005.

1. poleary

poleary Member

I am trying to capture video from a VCR plugged into a video card in my desktop. I have no problem capturing the video. However, the quality looks terrible. It sort of looks like what would happen if the tracking on a VCR was set improperly. At first, that's what I thought it was. However, I played back on a TV and it looked great. I tried different VCRs and always get the same problem. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
    Patrick

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are these Store Bought Retail VHS tapes??
    If so then the problem could be the Tapes are Copy protected like Most Retail VHS Movies are...

To remove the Copy protection you would need a Video Stabilizer which is a device that plugs in between your VCR and your Capture card that removes the macrovision Signal..They cost about $20-$30 ...

Cheers

3. dnelson

dnelson Member

can you buy this video stabilizer from a retail store like best buy

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes you Might be able to find one at Best Buy or at a Big electronics store...I know up here in Canada you can get them at "London Drugs" on sale right now for $9.99.....

Cheers

PS: You can also find them on Ebay...