1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture video from desire2learn.com

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by global893, Jan 17, 2013.

1. global893

global893 Member

Hello Everyone, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but i'll ask anyways.
    My teacher uses the following hosting website (http://desire2learn.com/products/capture/) to host and post videos for the class online. I want to know if there is a way for me to download these videos to my computer. The player itself is a flash video player like youtube and others but i cannot use a regular video capturing software (like streamtransport) to download this video in flv format. any suggestions as to what i can use?
    Thanks

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I had a look, was able to isolate which flash element the video itself is but it won't play independently due to some annoying combination of flash bits required that I'm not entirely sure about it.

You could probably save the whole webpage and do it that way, or use something like Camtasia to record your screen while the video is playing.

3. global893

global893 Member

ok lets make things easier. is there a way to get audio only somehow? is there a program that can capture audio for me while the video is playing. i can just play the video and go about my business and have an mp3 or something i can listen to after when i have time?

4. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

This is an old post but you could use:
    1. Internet download Manager
    2. Replay Media Catcher