1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Captured video - next step??

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Momof2, May 20, 2004.

1. Momof2

Momof2 Member

OK, I think I've successfully done step 1, captured the video from my VCR through WinTV-PVR-250. It's saved as an MPEG2 file, and I know it's on my hard drive, as I watched it and renamed it already. What's the next step? I don't want to do any editing, since this is just a kids' movie. Do I just burn that file to a DVD? Or is there something else first? What program do I burn with? I have Sonic Record Now on my computer, but it doesn't seem to make DVDs out of hard drive files. All I've ever done before is backup DVDs using Shrink and Decryptor, so I'm at a loss here in VHS land..... Thanks for any/all help!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi ,You don"t have to rename the Captured file you Just keep it as a .mpg file..
    Assumeing that you Captured the Mpeg2 file at 720+480/576-Pal and the audio at 48000hz then all you need to do is author the File to DVD useing a DVD authoring Program...
    The DVD authoring Program will allow you to add a
    Menu(s) and Chapters and then it will Format the File with the Chapters and Menu"s to a Video_TS Folder and then it will Author the Files to DVD...
    I would suggest useing something like "DVD-Lab" to author the captured file to DVD, or you can use one of a Million other ones Like Ulead DVD Movie Factory or Tmpgenc DVD author or Sonic MyDVD ect....Cheers