1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capturing a frame

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by willytel, Jan 15, 2007.

1. willytel

willytel Member

Can anyone explain how I can take a DVD, play it and extract a picture from it?

2. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

3. willytel

willytel Member

Born2ride,

This was very helpful. Thankyou. Can you take it one step further? If I wanted just to take one frame, how can I make it into a jpeg or bmp? Is that where snagit comes in?

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Media Player Classic will also do it. Just hit PAUSE then go to FILE and save.
    Also VobBlanker and PgcEdit can do it.

5. m4nv33r

m4nv33r Member

go into windows media player

go to tools->Options->performance and turn video acceleration to none

then just print screen

6. willytel

willytel Member

Thanks everyone. This was a bit more complex then it should have been. I had all the right tools. The video file was Video_TS.VOB and for some reason everytime I tried to save the frame by pausing it, it came out with just a black or green square, as if it was a layered picture of some sort. Struggled but finally got the whole picture using Windows Media Player and SnagIt. Then used Photoshop to crop out what I didn't want. I must of played with it over 3 hours before I got it all because several captures keep cutting the picture from the top, left or right sides. Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions.