1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capturing Problems

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Demo38, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Demo38

Demo38 Member

Hi All
    i just installed a winfast DV2000xp Capture card, tried my first capture today from a VHS tape using composit connections , when i started to save the signal it became Jumpy, like freeze and start continually, audio was fine, just pic was stop start, i also noticed i dropped alot of frames, almost 10%, any help would be really appreciated..
    Steve

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Change your capture settings.
    Smaller aspect, different codec, whatever.
    Experiment until you get the best quality video you can, with NO dropped frames.

3. pfh

pfh Guest

If Reboot's suggestions don't help you may need to tweak your OS and computer for better performance.

4. Demo38

Demo38 Member

ty boyh 4 ur suggestions,
    iv changed the capture settings, and have got good pik, but the sound has alot of noise in it, ill keep trying:)
    as for tweaking , lol im pretty novice so no idea on how to tweak,
    ty again
    steve

5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Don't use any codec for audio capture. If possible, use raw PCM audio. Yes, the file sizes will be larger, but audio quality should be maintained.
    You might also change the RECORDING settings for your audio input (sound card). Some good ones allow you to prefilter the input.
    Capping VHS is terribly hit and miss, unless you spend some money on a good hardware card or TBC.