1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

capturing ps2 screenshots from a ps2

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by aisen, Jul 1, 2007.

1. aisen

aisen Member

Hi everyone!

First of all, how do you capture screenshots from a ps2? I read some articles about this already and i just want to justify some of it. First, you can always just use a digital camera but there will be a quality setback. Second, connect the ps2's video cable to your video card's video in slot. The second option is much better than the first one although my video card does not have a video in slot.

In relation to the subject, is there any other way to capture screenshots with good quality from a ps2? If not, and the only solution is the second answer above, what video cards would you recommend at the lowest possible price?

Your feedbacks will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PS: If you have some discrepancies concerning my post, i am sorry. This is my first time posting here and i am still adjusting to the rules in this forum. Please feel free to give comments and suggestions as that would be a great help.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you don't need a whole new video card, just a tv tuner card. they're not that expensive for a decent one anymore; search around. i recommend Hauppage.

3. aisen

aisen Member

Does that mean after I buy a TV tuner card I could easily take pictures of my games? And if there are any other suggestions you may want to give, feel free to type. :D

Thanks very much!! I'll look for it! ^_^

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

yeah, just pop the tuner in an open pci slot, install, and hook up the ps2 like you would do to a tv. you can take screen shots and record video of the action from your PC. then, use your favorite editing programs for whatever effects you want and put them online.

5. aisen

aisen Member

Thank you very much!! This is a very big help!! :D