1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capturing .rm files to mpeg? Anyway possible?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Agm424, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Agm424

Agm424 Guest

Heh...got some Beavis and Butthead episodes I want to burn to dvd. Problem is they are .rm files.

Any software anyone can recommend to capture them?

Free software hopefully.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You don"t want to Capture them ,you want to "Convert" them or "Encode" them, Captureing Usually means Transfering video to your PC from an external source through a "Capture Card" ....
    What you want to do is Possible But I don"t know how Practical it will be Because RM files are usually really low resolution Low Quality Files and would look awefull on DVD...There are 2 Programs that I know of that will convert RM files to another Format..One Program is Called "EO_Video" it will convert RM to AVI or Mpeg1/2 but it isn"t free, the other is called "Tinra" it will Only convert RM files to AVI but it is Free, after converting to AVI you can convert the AVI files to Mpeg for DVD..If you do a search on Google for "Tinra" you should find it and everything else you need....Cheers

3. Agm424

Agm424 Guest

One question. Have you ever used Tinra?

I'm trying it now and while it seems to capture the sound it doesn't capture the picture. And I can't see that I am doing anything wrong. Any advice?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sory I have never Use Tinra as I try to stay away from the RM format as much as Possible cuz it seems that nothing is compatible with that Format..If you can not get Tinra to work then try useing EO_Video, you can find the Demo if you do a Google search...And remember you are Trying to "Convert" or "Encode" your Files to mpeg NOT "Capture", Useing that terminoligy will only serve to confuse the poeple you are talking to.....Cheers

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Agm424, Just got involved in this same problem with another member. I found convertors at ZDnet.com. Some free, some free to try trial type. In download section under AVS I think it was. I haven't heard back if the other member got it working right yet.
    Jerry

6. Agm424

Agm424 Guest

Thanks. I'll check out those too.

7. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

Doesn't Sefy's guide have something about RM files?

8. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Yup, my guide also covers RM files, best method so far that i've seen is using EO-Video to produce an MPEG file from the RM.