1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capturing video from a MiniDV camara to my computer using WinDVD Creator

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by CNKNLTN, Oct 8, 2004.

1. CNKNLTN

CNKNLTN Member

I just purchased a PC with XP operating system. It came bundled with WINDVD Creator. When I open creator and choose the option to "capture video into hard disk", a screen opens up which shows a black screen at the top left,& a drawing of my firewire-connected Canon camcorder with options to play or record at the top right. The window at the bottom left shows how much free disk space I have and how long the download will take and the window at the bottom right shows an option to import. I assume the next step is to Import. But when I click on the import tab and navigate to my camera, WinDVD can't seem to find any files to import. Am I missing something really simple? Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

2. 12256180

12256180 Member

Hi - I'm not entirely sure about this but I think you should be clicking on 'capture' rather than 'import'. If WinDVD is anything like other software, you may need to go into the 'settings' to choose things like capture source and/or capture device (ie your DV camcorder).

Hope this helps. I'm sure someone here knows WinDVD & can give much better help. Good luck.