1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car CD player is very Picky

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by CroZ24, May 11, 2007.

1. CroZ24

CroZ24 Member

my stock cd player in my explorer (NOT MP3) is very picky, it wont play burnt cds anymore, it plays original perfectly. but any cd i burn it wont play or will till like the 3rd track then ERROR 11 appears. but, i bought a few burnt cds off some guy and he managde to burn them somehow that they play like original, i rarly ever have any problems with his cds. They are burnt on Verbitam printable cds, so i bought the same brand (not printable, just regular verbitam) and i still cant get them to work in my player. am i missing something? is there a BEST program to burn audio cds? i've tried different cds, programs, speeds, burners, but i still cant find the trick.

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

What format are you burning the songs as?

In Ashampoo 2007 you have the option of burning Audio CD, which plays in normal CD players. MP3 audio, which probably won't play on your deck or WMA audio which can play in anything that supports it.

3. CroZ24

CroZ24 Member

i use windows media player to burn, it converts my mp3s to wav (i guess), also a couple of other programs that came installed in my toshiba laptop. but i havnt had any luck with them.

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Usually if a car CD player is picky like that, it is normally a speed issue, it may not like anything burned above 12 or 16X, but from your previous post, you've already tried slower speeds. Next question, you don't multi task whiile your burner is runningndo you?
    You are not using printable labels stuck on the disk are you? One other avenue to try, download a trial version of Nero 6.0 and see if that works any better for you. Just thought I'd toss out a few questions and see if anything sticks.

5. CroZ24

CroZ24 Member

nope, no multitasking. and ive never used those lables on the cd, and i've tried burning at the lowest possible speed. i'll give nero a shot, but if anyone has any other input on what it might be, please reply,

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Have you checked for the latest version of firmware for your CD burner?
    Try here to see if you have the latest and greatest version.

7. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Burning at the lowest possible speed is not a good idea for CD-Rs. These days all Verbatim media made in Taiwan use phthalocyanine dye tuned to be recorded at speeds up to 52X. That's too fast, but it also means that trying to record at 1X or 4X is likely to overburn the dye. Try recording at 32X to see if you get better results. This presumes, of course, that speed is an issue and nothing else--a wild presumption in the face of so many variables.