1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Stereo Locked =[

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by pepsimaxx, Sep 10, 2007.

1. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

My mother brought her car into a mechanic, and when he disconnected her battery, the stereo's antitheft device kicked in. BOOM "LOC". I need a code to unlock it, anyone help? Its a "Delco Electronics" stereo and the car is a 1998 Chevrolet Malibu. Im pretty sure its a stock stereo. Thanks fellas. :)

BTW, its nice to be back :)

-pepsimaxx

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

what u might have to do is,did u get a hand book with radio as there is a code with it,and the handbook will tell u how to enter codes.
    if u have no info u need to go to chevrolet dealer he might have to remove radio to check serial number or reg and chassis number might also do.he will retrieve codes for a nominal fee dont forget to write ur codes down in a safe place as u will need them again.

3. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

OR if its on the stock setting it should be like all 0's

4. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

thanks for all replies, but i found out after another few minutes of googling that i needed a code of some sort (as i knew) and i called a 1-800 number and got my code and inputted it into the radio with a series of commands to do so.. thanks.

-pepsimaxx