1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

card sharing

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by johnnyc08, Jan 9, 2012.

1. johnnyc08

johnnyc08 Member

hi lads i have shy digital in full hd package if i bought sat recievers would it be possible to share my shy card with these and how do i set it up as im new to this any help will do its basically family i will be sharing with and the kids rooms as well

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

certainly possible but i have no idea how to it. as fint says read, piopat has a good tut with others such as fint including more info. use search bar above mate

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

tongs, aint that hard. if you can put a cline in you can put the extra three lines in and make a server.

6. johnnyc08

johnnyc08 Member

The box i will have in.the kids room lads is golden media hd combo. And i have eircom in as i said im not that good with computers i barely use them could someone pm if possible and let me know how to link them to my shy box i think ill just try to get 1 up and running 1st see how it goes

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i read piopats dm500 as a sharing box and it certainly didnt look as easy as inputting 3 clines :/ i could probably do it if i read up as i know its possible but simply don;t have the time with a new born and other children and a full time job, not to mention noone i know would want to share with me as its all above there head and not legal. but the original poster ive heard private share between family and friends is the best way instead of the big pay servers which i am with. complete waste of money in my opinion

8. johnnyc08

johnnyc08 Member

Does my shy box have to be plugged into internet

9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

so you didnt bother to read any part of our site. give me a break. How daft is that question?

10. johnnyc08

johnnyc08 Member

hi lads was off work today so found out loads on this site thanks,quick question does anybody know anything about the golden media hd combo box would this be easy to set up and does anyone have any info on this, mate of mine has this done in his house a polish guy set it up for him but i want to share my shy card at home first and not trust someone i dont know straight away.i have the set up printed out as to set up the router and stuff so any info on how to flash this box would be great cheers for the help lads

11. piopat

piopat Active member

johnny you cant use a sly box for cs ,you need a box capable of card sharing such as a dreambox dm800 this would be called the server . you then install whats called a cam (most often cccam is used )most of the time you can install this with the box remote control .

you also need a box capable of sharing for the kids room this is called a client you can use a cheaper box such as the openbox s9 for use as a client ,and you have to have cccam installed in the client boxes aswell .the server box and client boxes must be conected together using ethernet cables either via your router or via hubs ,or you can use devices such as homeplugs.

after that you edit a file in your server box and your client box called cccam.cfg and input whats called f and c lines,and then you should be able to share atleast internally ,that means within your own home .there is a bit more work involved in sharing externally (with other people in other houses)so i suggest you first get your head around internal sharing before attempting external sharing .

i have a dreambox tutorial and an openbox tutorial which you can access via clicking on the links in my signature are which is at the bottom of this post and all my posts ,the dreambox tutorial is more aimed at setting up a dreambox dm500s but a lot of the principles are the same especially the c and f line stuff .

12. johnnyc08

johnnyc08 Member

cheers so if i purchase a dreambox and insert my sky card i need to install a ccam straight away just to use my dreambox yes, the rest i have read up on how to enter the c and f lines so should be fine on that

13. piopat

piopat Active member

hi johnny yes with a dreambox (with a suitable image ) the image is the tv software you can install cccam (and set it as your default cam ,this is easy and you can do it with your remote)then you can put your sly card in the dreambox and all basic pay channels will open.

if your paying for sly sports and sly movies you will need the sly box boxkey number to open these chanels ,dont worry this is not hard .just take things one stage at a time and we can sort the boxkey when we reach that stage ,the key is to not rush and take it one stage at a time and you will get there ,rush and you will get a huge headache . so one stage at a time patience is key .

as i say my tutorial explains a lot ,i know when it comes to learning practice is better than theory but that doesnt mean you shouldnt read /study so please read my tutorial it will help as i explain in very simple terms .

14. johnnyc08

johnnyc08 Member

Thanks very much yes read some more and also found the box key generator so hopefully will be up and running soon what box would u recommend as i pay for full shy package with the hd and would like a good hd box

15. piopat

piopat Active member

the dm800hd pro costs around £145 or the dm800hd se which costs upwards of £200 two good boxes .i dont recommend that anyone pays out lots of cash for expensive boxes as you never know whats around the corner ,keep the costs as low as you can .

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

excuse my stupidity but i have a dm800 hd clone cost me 185. where would i put a sly card(if i had one) as i cant see anywhere to insert it;/
    edit>>>>>>>>>oh yeah there is is lol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  17. johnnyc08

johnnyc08 Member

does anyone have info on the golden media combo box lads

18. piopat

piopat Active member

into the card slot .

19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

perfectly fine for standard viewing. www.dreambx.me.uk Sterling 109 for DM800 HD. Based on 84a bootloader and with the www.dreamboxuk.com image it is simply fantastic

20. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

make that www.dreambox.me.uk. sorry for the typo