1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carnt connect pc to xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shauny598, Nov 25, 2004.

1. shauny598

shauny598 Guest

i just connected my xbox and pc together.but wont work.im useing fxp.when i try to connect it keeps saying .connection timed out,or unable to find host,im new to this x box stuff.any idea what the settings should be on my x box,ip ect.and how to do it,and how to set my pc ,up the same. ive tryed everthing and im stuck,im on xp.and just had the x box chipped and evox is on it.can anyone please help me go through it ,step by step ,thanks lads

2. shauny598

shauny598 Guest

or is there anouther way i could do it,my modem is a broadband one can i connect a crossover cable to that,to the x box,?ive read some of the stuff on here.but wont work for me.think it could be my pc settings ,as when i unplug the cable from my x box it says no network or someting thing like that,when i plug it back in,a ip addy ect comes up on the x box.on the settings,so somthing is happening, thanks

3. shauny598

shauny598 Guest

come on lads please help someone must know

4. aoe_do

aoe_do Member

i have the same f%$^#% problem but i havent tried with a crossover cable im gona get it today and see what happens...

pls we would really pretiate ur help...

5. tysonbyte

tysonbyte Member

Using a crossover cable and FlashFXP is the easiest way. Select "Site Manager" and make sure that the IP address is the same as your xbox.
    A great explanation of how to set up your connexion can be found by viewing section 1 at
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php