1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case fan powers connectors. Help Please!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by me666, Jul 16, 2007.

1. me666

me666 Member

Hiya,
    I just finished building my first ever home built pc and am very happy with it. However I have used the Antec Ninehundred pc case for my build and all the fans inside it (4 in total) use 4 pin molex connectors. I want to connect them all to the 3 pin connectors on my motherboard (which are all male)so I can control there RPM but I don't know if this is possible. I have searched and there only seems to be molex to 3 pin fan adapters, I want 3 pin fan to molex. Could someone please tell me if I can do this?
    Thanks

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The Antec 900's fans use quite a lot of power. Unless you can run one fan off each header (very few motherboards have 4 fan connectors) I recommend getting an external fan controller such as the Vantec Nexus or Sunbeam Rheobus, otherwise you might damage the headers.
    One thing I would say, the 900 case is superb for cooling, I think you'll find if you leave all the fans on low the PC will still run fine.

3. me666

me666 Member

hi again
    thanks a load for yor help, my motherboard is the P5N32-E sli and actualy has an extra 6 3 pin fan headers (not including the CPU one). So is it still possible to connect them to the motherboard?
    Thanks

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

5. me666

me666 Member

thanks again,
    much appreciated

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No problem.