1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Lights

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Shado36, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I have just noticed (since yesterday) that my case lights seem to be dim. I have several red/blue etc & they do not look as bright as they should be. They are all built into fans etc. I have a 530w power supply and as far as I can tell all is working fine. Anyone any ideas, the power supply less than a year old.

2. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

how old are the fans?? it could be that they are just getting old and its time to replace them.

3. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Not exactly sure but at least a year & a hlaf old maybe 2. But would they all "go" at the smae time?

4. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

anything is possible. also did you recently add any new hardware that could be eating up your power supply?? maybe your fans are not getting enough.

5. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

No new hardware has been added recently, I did add some software but that is not in use all the time anyway. I have not noticed any performance issues.

6. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

then it could be that your LED lights on the fans are dieing very slowly.

7. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Well that ain't good!!! The fans all came with the case so I have never had to do anything with them except get dust out etc. I will have to source some replacements I guess.

8. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

You know; if you were pretty savvy with that kind of stuff; you could even just go to a local radio shack and buy individually brand new LEDs if your fans are in fact still working fine for you. I myself have never done it before; but I've read many modding forums where people do that a lot.

9. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Thats not a bad idea, I will have to look into that idea, thanks!