1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case reassembly w/ v14 DMS4 E.Z.I. Pro SE??

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by honda_ek9, Mar 29, 2007.

1. honda_ek9

honda_ek9 Member

1) My chip should get here tomorrow or monday and I was getting me PS2 ready for action. I was checking out the clearance with heat shields and the Bios and DSP and there look like there are just about touching. A lot of people have problems with bent pins and what not I'm wondering if it's not from them pushing down too hard but just putting the case back together. Anyone who has installed one of these on a Slim line please give me some tips.

2) I also read in a different thread that you don't have to cut any portion of the bios or dsp chips off as long as you have the flex cable type. Is this true, can any one confirm this? The more I think about it it makes sence, since the older ones had two sets of wires so you would have to cut one off so nothing would short out.

Thanks for the help, and please no comments on how you don't like the EZI chips....=)

2. steimy

steimy Active member