1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case study - Nero 6.0.19 problems? (a bit long)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by amnesia77, Nov 30, 2003.

1. amnesia77

amnesia77 Member

Hi there, guys, I've a big problem for you.

Since 2 weeks ago I've made backup copies from my original dvds using:

DVD Decrypter
    DVD2ONE 1.3
    Nero (above 6.0.19 version, dunno remeber what ver.)

My bruning profile was:

-DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)
    -No multisession
    -Iso Max 31 chars/ISO 9660, no Joliet, no to everyone of the three ISO Restriction
    -UDF 1.02, no force XBox compatibility.

Burning that on datawrite orange/red DVD-R media using 2x speed (on a Pioneer A06) was fine: my Pioneer 444 readed the disks so fine, the menu works fine, like the movie.

2 weeks ago I reinstalled my machine.. an all stop working.
    After the rip, i convert to 4.7 using dvd2one like everytime.
    Burning with Nero 6.0.19, using the same setting I always userd, sucks.
    The table player does read nothing, it stops itself after dvd reconise. On the PC, the disk is OK. Menus works, the movie too.
    But NOT on the player: BLACK.

So, I discover on the network that on the 6.0.19 version of Nero something changed, so I've to change my profile selecting XBOX compatibility mode.
    Someting infact changed: the player read the disk but.. it's still not working fine.
    In some backups, if you choose "play movie", che player stops itself. Sometimes doens not read menus at all, after an inital start.

I really dunno what thinking, I hope some of you knows what damn is happening on my backup copies..

BR
    amnesia77

2. amnesia77

amnesia77 Member

A little correction: my initial Nero version was below 6.0.19, NOT ABOVE :))

3. aa_2000

aa_2000 Member

in later versions of nero dvd video files are only sorted using dvd video format, next time choose dvd video and it should work. (had same problem as you myself