1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cassette Player-docking MP3 player?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Troglodad, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Troglodad

Troglodad Member

I've seen brando/china vision's cassette mp3 player... a cassette sized device that pops into your dash cassette player... but why is there no display, telling you what you're playing, etc?

Does anyone make something a little more elaborate? We have a minivan with the whole cassette, am/fm/cd/ dvd player suite. I don't want to mess with changing anything around. Something I could put into the cassette player that would play MP3s would be great. Like the old cassette adapters you could put in 8 track players.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

doesn't a box like yours have a line in socket?

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive seen a device you plug into your cigarette lighter port that allows mp3 playback (using usb stick) through a standard sterio.i also remeber the old cassette tape thing you can get that fits in the tape deck and has a wire coming out that plugs into a discman or perhaps an mp3 player.

4. Troglodad

Troglodad Member

Yes, the DVD player has three composite inputs (red, white, yellow). I can hook something up, but I really wanted something integral. I hate all the wires dangling around.

I looked at the 12v socket MP3 players. Very neat... except the sockets on the dash are right next to my leg. Kind of inconvenient to reach down and change anything.