1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cassette Recording

Discussion in 'Audio' started by kaiProton, Apr 28, 2012.

1. kaiProton

kaiProton Member

OK,
    So my daughters dance for a local morris dancing troupe,

If you can belive this the competitions STILL use Cassettes, the Excuse is it has a variable speed setting,,

and before you all tell me, I know I could get variable MP3 Players, I even sourced one on my Android,

so.. the problem is the People use this cassette recorder,

and I have become the music supplier for our troupe, everything was fine, up until last week when my "Optimus Karaoke" (here is a Pic not mine just a Google) finally gave up, and started ripping the tapes a new one, and finally its broken down and cannot drive the tapes, or close the front door :-(

Can any one out there recommend a tape recorder I can connect to my PC to record the music, Ive looked but only seem to turn up Tape > MP3, and I want MP3 > Tape..

Thanks All.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i had a audio cable for computer to av inputs in sterio and i had a philips sterio from the early 90s with tape decks on it that could record.the sound would come from the computer through the sterio and i could hit record on the sterio and make a tape.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  3. kaiProton

kaiProton Member

Thanks XBOXDV, its not the Cable thats the problem, Ive got a 3.5 jack that splits to phono L and R for the output of the PC, its the Actual Cassette player, I cant seem to find one that has a record on it these days,

Kai.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

You need something like this that has a mic jack, playback speed control and other more advanced features.

Cassette recorder

For some uses, the tape is still the best solution. There are also mp3 players that record. This is another option.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  5. aldan

aldan Active member

time to hunt the pawnshops {not the high end ones},second hand stores,and fleamarkets.

6. kaiProton

kaiProton Member

Yes, the hunt begins,

Thanks to All for Your Help.