1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cassette Tapes to CD's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Paladin36, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Paladin36

Paladin36 Member

Greetings all, I have made cassette tapes of some my favorite OLD LP records, now I need to copy them to CD's, what is the best and easiest software application for me to use. Have tried MusicMatch, it works but I have to be here at the end of the tape. Is there a way to have the software stop reecording when tape is done?

Thank you

2. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

You can always get one of those sweet Cassette Tape drives from thinkgeek.com and rip the to MP3's them burn em. :) But that costs money, and thats never good.

3. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

I could be wrong(That's happened once or twice before), but I don't think any software will shut off automatically when the recording is done. I've used Nero to record my old LP's to CD. You could get the trial version or I'm sure there are many freeware's out there to do it.

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

[bold]Jet Audio 6[/bold] can do it. It has a timer and silence detection functions. The silence detection is only availible in the payware version but the timer is enabled in the freeware download.

Likn to Jet Audio and others:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127334

Ced

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

those things are bitchin. I would get one, if I actually had tapes or a use for it.

6. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

scoop! lol

forget waiting around, just come back and then snip off the excess like trimming beef, baby!